Check your "%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\" directory - you may not have a "classic"
> directory in it, you may have "hotspot" directory instead (and I think there
> are other possibilities, instead of classic/hotspot?)

My Answer :
------------------
I have no hotspot nor classic directory in %JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\ , I have 2 folders
called server and client contains the jvm.dll ,  I used the server directory .

If that doesn't work, I'd check that "CATALINA_HOME" and "JAVA_HOME" are set
> correctly - from a command prompt

My Answer :
------------------
They are set correctly

I found that %CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log is empty .
And the service is exist in the control panel , but can not be started and give a
message saying internal error upon restarting it!!!

Here it is my command again :

C:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\bin>tomcat.exe -install ApacheTomcat "%JAVA_HOME%
\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll" -Djava.class.path="%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%J
AVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -xrs -start org.apach
e.catalina.Bootstrap -params start -stop org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -
params stop -out "%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log"
The service was successfully installed.

Any idea