that depends on the hardware you're using, the application and what you
consider acceptable response time.

I'm using tomcat 4.0.3, but there should be similar parameters in 3.3.1

    <Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>

acceptCount: is the queue size if all the processors are busy
maxProcessors: I would set this to 1.5-2 times the maximum you desire.
other people prefer different settings. you'll have to play with it and
figure out what setting is acceptable to you.

my suggestion is to benchmark your application and decide what the
acceptable response time is. once you know that, it's easier to tune the
parameters.

peter lin