you need to import the bean before you can use it - finally remembered this.
it's been discussed a lot on this list.  i think -- or maybe i'm remembering
something else.

try making a line at the top of your jsp that says:
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html" import="LogonData" %>

If you put your classes in packages this doesn't happen, AFAIK.

fillup