Putting a database connection into each session is a very bad idea.

If you get 10 users with open sessions, this means you'll have 10 open, idle
database connections most of the time.  If you have 20 sessions...I'll put
it this way -- I have an application that has been running for months with
tons of users, and it has never gone above 3 database connections in its
pool.  This keeps the stress on the application AND the database nice and
low.

Mr. Everman is right -- you might want to consider the application scope,
and also be careful with your synchronization logic.

fillup