From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 10:35 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: problem with jsessionid

I just copied the Tomcat configuration files from dev to live and the
problem still exists.

Jonathan

|         |           tek1             |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
|         |           27/05/2002 09:24 |
|         |           "Tomcat Users    |
|         |           List"            |

-----------------------------------|

  |       To:       Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  Re: problem with jsessionid

-----------------------------------|

are the configuration files the same for 'dev' and 'live'?

it may be possible that url rewritting is turned on in 'live'...

At 10:08 02/05/28 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have two systems:
>
>'Dev' is running Windows 2000 and Tomcat 4.0.3.
>'Live' is running Windows NT 4.0 and Tomcat 4.0.3.
>
>Both copies of Tomcat have identical configurations and are running Java 2
>SDK 1.4.0.
>
>I have a login page to authenticate users.  On Dev the login works fine
and
>the 'result' page loads as it should.  On Live, the login page also works,
>but the URL of the 'result' page has ;jsessionid=..... appended to the
end.
>This is screwing up my recordset navigation on the result page.
>
>My question is:  why would Live be appending jsessionid to the end of the
>URL?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jonathan Morgan
>Kenna Marketing