Hello all.

I'm trying to integrate tomcat with iPlanet web server.
My final destination is to cause the iPlanet get .jsp request from a client,
forwarding it to tomcat (running
on the same machine), let the tomcat execute it and getting back the results to the
client, all that transparent
to the client (meaning that I don't want him to know there is a tomcat by being
redirected or something...)
I want ther iPlanet to transfer JSP requests to the tomcat AJP12 connector, listening
port 8007 (I don't want other connectors and the tomcat listener to run). I also want
the tomcat to run as an out of process from iPlanet (but I do want to make iPlanet to
start the connector...)

I have found a lot source codes, binaries, questions and documentation about this
subjects, but it seems that
none of them is clear enough to apply.

Is there anyone who has been able to use that configuration and can provide some kind
of clear "step-by-step" guide?
What to download, versions, how to compile/install, how to configure, how to test, etc?
Is this configuration even possible?

Here are the details:
        Solaris 8.0 O/S running on a SPARC machine (U10, 256MB memory).
        JDK 1.3 (from SUN)
        ANT latest (from apache)
        iPlanet web server 4.1 SP2
        $JAVA_HOME, $JAKARTA_HOME, ANT_HOME are set properly

Have tried the following layouts:
        tomcat 4.0.3 binary and source
        tomcat 3.3.1 binary and source
        tomcat connectors 4.0.2-01 from source
        nsapi_redirector.so from apache web site (compiled for solaris 2.6)

I can install and run tomcat on port 8080, and run JSPs when accessing it (from source)
When I install from source, the AJP12+AJP13 connectors are listening on ports 8007 and
8008 by defaults (from source)
I've tried to edit the default workers.properties to match my system.
I've tried to compile my own nsapi_redirector.so (no success)
I've tried to compile my own AJP12 connector (no success)

I've managed, after installing tomcat from source and starting it (with AJP12
listener) + putting the nsapi_redirector.so
under iPlanet + configuring obj.cong + disabling the iPlanet built in servlet engine
for that web server, to get the AJP12 listener
to start and write logfile. When I start the web server, it also initializes some
information about the connector.
However, when trying to go to <webserver/examples> - I don't get any response from
tomcat (the obj.cong contains
redirection to the listener for that virtual directory).

Any idea?

Thanks,
              Gal Binderman.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]