On Fri, 31 May 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody know how to turn off directory listing in Tomcat 4.0.2?
> For Tomcat 3, the following entries in the web.xml-file in the
> <servlet></servlet> -
> section worked, but with Tomcat 4.0.2. they seem not to work any more:
>
> <init-param>
>       <param-name>listings</param-name>
>       <param-value>false</param-value>
> </init-param>
> Thak you for any help.

You left out some information about what you are trying.  First, what
<servlet></servlet> definition is this init-param part of?  (It should
be part of the default servlet definition.)  And are you talking about
the server-wide web.xml file or a context-/application-specific one?
I've tried it in the server-wide web.xml file, and it worked, and I
believe it's supposed to work per context/application as well.

Check the comments in the server-wide web.xml file, I think they're
pretty clear.

(I'm using 4.0.3, but I think it should be the same.)

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]