ok i can see the trace of error with your first solution "catalina run"
 the problem is :  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

is because all my servlets extends this class. That's work with tomcat
3.2.4 but not with tomcat 4.0. I think that's because tomcat 4.0 implements
servlet 2.3 spec. The problem is that i use a test environnement (tomcat
3.2) in visual age. Can i found a test environnement that implements the
new servlet 2.3 implementation ?

Patrick PIERRA
Linedata Services Luxembourg
00 352 29 56 65 282
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    John Niven

                    <John.Niven@m        To:     "'Tomcat Users List'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    arcat.com>           cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: old <load-on-startup> tag

                    05/31/02

                    04:02 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Tomcat Users

                    List"

Patrick

Two options:

1. Open up a DOS window (_DON'T_ double-click on startup.bat).  Change
directory (CD) to $CATALINA_HOME/bin.  Type "catalina run".  Tomcat will
run
as normal, but the DOS window won't disappear when Tomcat crashes.

2. Install Tomcat as an NT service (check the archives - there are numerous
posts on how to do this).  The messages you'd normally get in the DOS
window
will now be logged to $CATALINA_HOME/logs/stderr.txt

HTH
John

 --
John Niven