Just tryed it... didn't work... I switched the Class.forName() for the new method u
described... it gives me the exact problem... driver not found....

the class that is trying to acess the oracle driver is called DAOFundos located in
"$CATALINA_HOME/classes", the oracle driver (classes12.jar) is located in
$CATALINA_HOME/lib

I can't get it to work...

.:| Christian J. Dechery
.:| FINEP - Depto. de Sistemas
.:| [EMAIL PROTECTED]
.:| (21) 2555-0332

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 31/05/02 11:35 >>>
yes... I'm using Class.forName()... but now, I can get NO classes.. not even finep
classes are found... I tried placing them in ALL the four possibilities: unpacked in
/classes and /common/classes and packed as jar in /lib and /common/lib

it seems to me that the ClassLoader are completely crazy... It only works if I place
everything in the webapp...

.:| Christian J. Dechery
.:| FINEP - Depto. de Sistemas
.:| [EMAIL PROTECTED]
.:| (21) 2555-0332

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 31/05/02 11:32 >>>
Is finep trying to load the Oracle driver using Class.forName(String
aClassName)?

You should be using

Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().loadClass(String aClassName);

That will find your Oracle Driver across multiple classloaders. It is the
Java2 way of loading classes and necessary in an environment like Tomcat
with its multiple classloaders.

Jake