in server.xml create context named mywebapp
<Context path="mywebapp" docBase="E:/mydirectory/mywebapp" debug="0"
reloadable="true"/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Frederick Aubert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 7:19 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Mod JK & Directories

Sorry if you got this twice, but I was unsure it went through due to some
technical problem with my ISP.

Hi,

After many tries I finally succeeded in connecting Apache 2 to Tomcat 4
using mod_jk. Now everything is fine as long as I am not trying fancy
things. Actually what I want to achieve is to have my webapp in a directory
somewhere else on my disk (ie. not in default tomcat/webapps directory)...

Now to the problem, I set things up and now when I am trying to browse my
webapp with a browser I am served static files correctly (.ie I am served
mydirectory/mywebapp/index.html, and not tomcat/webapps/mywebapp/index.html)
but whenever Tomcat would need to serve a jsp, it is actually using a jsp
located at tomcat/webapps/mywebapp/mytest.jsp instead of
mydirectory/mywebapp/mytest.jsp... If I delete the former, then it is said
the file does not exist. Any idea of why it¹s going wrong? I suppose I did
misconfigure a deploying file. But wich one? Help would be greatly
welcomed...

Sincerely, Frederick Aubert

PS: I did specify in my mod_jk.conf (which is included by httpd.conf) a new
webapp as follow:

Alias /mywebapp ³E:/mydirectory/mywebapp²
<Directory ³E:/mydirectory/mywebapp²>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.html index htm
</Directory>
<Location ³/mywebapp²/WEB-INF/*²>
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Location ³/mywebapp²/META-INF/*²>
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Directory ³E:/mydirectory/mywebapp/WEB-INF/²>
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Directory>
<Directory ³E:/mydirectory/mywebapp/META-INF/²>
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Directory>

JkMount /mywebapp/*.jsp ajp 1.3

   `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)       Frederick Aubert
 _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)       Frederick Aubert
 _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'                [EMAIL PROTECTED]