Which JVM do you use? If I'm correct, this bug in the JVM is supposed to
be fixed in JVM 1.4.

Wouter

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Einfeldt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: donderdag 6 juni 2002 10:47
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: AW: need X running tomcat

Better user Xvfb.

Depending on the distribution you use you can
place a start script like this in /etc/init.d or
/etc/rc.d/init.d to start xvfb.

XVFB=/usr/X11R6/bin/Xvfb
XVFBARGS=":99 -screen 0 1024x768x24 -fbdir /var/run -ac"
PIDFILE=/var/run/xvfb.pid case "$1" in
  start)
    echo -n "Starting virtual X frame buffer: Xvfb"
    start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE --make-pidfile
--background --exec $XVFB -- $XVFBARGS
    echo "."
    ;;
  stop)
    echo -n "Stopping virtual X frame buffer: Xvfb"
    start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE
    echo "."
    ;;
  restart)
    $0 stop
    $0 start
    ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/xvfb {start|stop|restart}"
        exit 1
esac

exit 0

This is what we use for debian.
:99 is the value for the xserver id that must be set
in the DISPLAY env.

DISPLAY=localhost:99.0

Additionaly you have to define a link in /etc/rc?.d to this file for the
run levels where you need the Xvfb. (This is for debian, other
distributions

For tomcat you can do the same.