What port are you running the service on? binding to ports ( < 1024 ) require root access, meaning port 80 if that's what you're using. Tomcat defaults to 8080, which a "normal" user can bind to.
maybe you already knew this? in which case, please describe your environment a little better. cheers, fillup On 6/6/02 5:39 AM, "Urtzi Larrazabal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Hi friends ! > > I have installed Tomcat 3.3 on a Solaris 8 and I would like to know what sould > I do to run as Tomcat user. If I run as root all works well but if I run as > another user it doesn't work. > Does anyone know the permisions that I must apply? > > Regards, > > Urtzi Larrazabal > > -- > To unsubscribe, e-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
