Hi Eric,
Thank you for verifying that. I've actually made my own authentication
before but when I read about container-managed authentication I realised
that that was exactly what I was looking for.

Is there any reason for keeping the users login as a session attribute
or is it better to use request.getRemoteUser() ? What's the praxis?

Markus