ok... there you go:

  public DAOFundos(Esquema esq) {

  if( esq==null ) {
   esq = esquemaDefault;
  }

     try {
   Class.forName( esq.getDriver() );
      con = DriverManager.getConnection(esq.getUrl(), esq.getUser(),
esq.getPassword());
     }
     catch(ClassNotFoundException cnf) {
      System.out.println ("Erro: driver nao encontrado! "+cnf.getMessage());
     }
     catch(SQLException sql) {
      System.out.println("Erro ao obter conexão! "+sql.getMessage() );
     }
    }

this is the code for the default constructor... in this case the class Esquema
contains info about: drivers, user, url and pwd.
the driver is always oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

thanks again

.:| Christian J. Dechery
.:| FINEP - Depto. de Sistemas
.:| [EMAIL PROTECTED]
.:| (21) 2555-0332

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/06/02 16:03 >>>
It would be halpful to see the declaration of con, and the type of driver
you are using