From: Mark Pelillo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 7:46 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: mod_jk and mod_jk2 HELP

John,
        When you include the LoadModule line in the httpd.conf, the
mod_jk2.so
automatically looks for a file called workers2.properties.  It if
doesn't find it, it pukes.  Under the site I have now (Apache1.3 with
mod_jk) I have put the JkMounts in a seperate file and in the httpd.conf
I have a line "Include /usr/local/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf.  The workers
file is the same thing.  You have a "Uri" mount instead of a JkMount
which tells tomcat what content to mount.

To mount an application you need five lines

[uri:examples]
content=/examples
[uri:examples/*.jsp]
[uri:/examples/servlet/*]
[uri:examples/*]

        The first two tell Apache/Tomcat about the application and where the
file are.  The next two tell Apache/Tomcat what tomcat should be
serving. and the last one I am not sure. (I do know that if it is not
there, then it doesn't work)

        I have checked the log file for both apache and tomcat and I can see
that apache serves the .html etc, which tomcat is serving the servlets
and jsp's only.

Hope this helps.