From: Halil AKINCI [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 7:20 PM
To: Tomcat Users List; jakarta-tomcat yahoo groups
Subject: application deployment

Hi,

This is mine work environment;

CPU: Intel Pentium II 400 MHz
OS: Windows 98
Container: Apache tomcat 4.0
Java environment: jdk1.3

First I created a directory (called "Vt") into the tomcat's webapps
directory, than wrote my servlet and compiled it
(webapps>Vt>web-inf>classes>VTServlet.java). I created my web.xml file
(webapps>Vt). Afterwards, I created ServletContext. To do this I added
following code line into the server.xml file:

<Context path="/Vt" docBase="Vt" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>

To start my application I wrote following URL

http://localhost:8080/Vt/servlet/VTServlet but I receive an error message ("
Page not found") each time.

Can anyone help me? How can I run my application?