Hi Charlie,

> did you restart tomcat since your class is in common/classes?
Yes, I did.

> you may want to wrap the loadlibrary() in a singleton. I'm not sure
that you
> can use Class.forName on a class with no methods or fields. You may
also
> want to see if the native functions are available even if the
Class.forName
> is throwing an error. The static block should be run automatically
by the
> classloader, but I'm not sure if it does this when the class is
loaded, or
> when it is first called.
>
> you do want your class in /common/classes so that it can only be
loaded
> once.

This is very important because I would like to access the library from
several different applications.

> I have my library on the system path(win2k) and it works fine. If
you had it
> working before(if only the first time), then the library was in the
right
> place.

This is the part that's giving me a headache. I don't know why it
makes a difference if initialise it in static block in a servlet or my
InitMapserver class.

Andreas

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: