Es schrieb Ralph Einfeldt:

> AFAIK the main error is in the jdk 1.3 and 1.4.
> jasper2 just contains (beside other changes) a workaround for
> this bugs.
>
> Have a look at this links: (Require login)
> http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4414162.html
> http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4697245.html
I can acknowledge these bug reports. I've seen a significantly higher
memory usage. Additionally, the compiled jsp needs up to 20 sec to come
up. On jdk1.2 it came up within 1 second.

So, what do you propose me to do:
- wait for tc4.1 release (when can we exspect it: July,August or more?)
- play around with jasper2 on production system
- start with jdk1.2 and tomcat4.0

I'm a little bit confused what to decide now.

Timo