You could also use a temporary Verisign certificate to test with, which is
what I have done so far.

No, I did not try Netscape myself due to a proxy issue, but someone else on
th list did that, and that came up with a strange error:
"unknown SSL Error -12227"
Have still no clue what this is. At least NS is saying something, contrary
to IE that just gives me that bloody "Page cannot be displayed".

When I've gotten it all to work I'll write up a HOW-TO. Promise. Enough
people have been struggling with this now for way too long.

Regards -

Henrik Schultz
Senior Systems Architect
Consultant to Maersk Data AS
Tel.: +45 39 10 21 13
Mobile: +45 22 12 24 29
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                        "Adam Greene"          To: "Tomcat Users List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                        <agreene@romuli        cc:

                        n.com>                 Subject:  RE: Tomcat 4 - OpenSSL - IE
client certificate works partially

                        02-07-2002

                        10:18

                        Please respond

                        to "Tomcat

                        Users List"

I would absolutely love a HOW-TO.  I have a project that is going to
require
certs for security.  I will ultimately have to use a Verisign or Thawte
cert, but I can certainly test with the homemade ones.  Also, have you
tried
to get Netscape or Mozilla to work??

Adam Greene
ROMulin Group Inc