I don't think, you can change a property file at runtime, because the java
class loaders usually cache classes and other resources during runtime.
Without at least an application reload the changes won't be active.
Application specific configurations i usually put into a properties file
situated in WEB-INF/classes, in that way at least i can modify it after the
war has been unpacked and restart the application.

Jens Stutte

                    Søren Neigaard

                    <s.neigaard@mobil        To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    ethink.dk>               cc:

                                             Subject:     Property file for a WAR

                    03/07/2002 13.51

                    Please respond to

                    "Tomcat Users

                    List"

Hi

If I want to have a property file for my application, and I must be able to
edit this file at runtime, where should I place it, and how do I now on
runtime where it is placed (as I have no idea where the WAR file will be
placed)?

How do you guys do it, it must be common problem :)

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Søren Neigaard
System Architect
Mobilethink A/S