On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 19:13:17 +0200
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Final releaseTomcat 4.1?
>

> > Sorry, but ...
> >
> > Milestone releases will come out regularly until developers are happy
> > with the stability of the build. This is the same development process
> > used for Apache 2.0, so it can take a while and lots of milestones ;-)
>
> Well so there is no aprox. answer like:
> one week
> one month
> three months
> half year
> one year
> ten years ;)

The answer to this isn't just going to come from developers -- it requires
users willing to try each of the test releases as they are announced, and
quickly report back their experiences.

Have *you* tried any of the 4.1.x releases yet?  How do they work for
*you*?  If you found problems, did *you* report them into the bug tracking
system (<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/>).

If nobody is willing to test the release, then the answer to your original
question is likely to be "never".

On the other hand, if you are diligently downloading each test release as
they are announced, running your apps against them in a test environment,
and reporting back bugs, then the developers thank you very much -- we can
only fix bugs that we know about, and that information comes mostly from
users.

> Rainer

Craig