Howdy,
You shouldn't be giving other parameters to tomcat's own DefaultServlet.

Your own servlets have no limitations on the number of name of
variables: you can have as many <init-param> tags in your <servlet> tags
as you want.

If you want some params common to all the servlets in your web-app, use
<context-param> instead, outside your <servlet> tags.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics