On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, David Goodenough wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:36:46 +0100
> From: David Goodenough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Classpath problems
>
> I am having the inevitable initial classpath problems setting up my first
> servlet under Tomcat 4.0.3 (the one shipped with Sun JWSDP).

FYI, the Tomcat code in JWSDP is approximately the same as what Tomcat
4.1.2 contained, not 4.0.x.

>  In the source
> code I see there are debug levels and some increased debug levels, but
> I am unsure about how I am supposed to enable them.  I tried setting
> an init-param of debug to 9 in my web.xml, but no luck.

Doing this will only matter for the particular servlet that you are
setting this parameter for, not for your own servlet.  Have you gone
through the web application chapters of the tutorial that is also
available with JWSDP?  They will give you a good introduction to the basic
concepts of how web applications are put together, and where to put your
servlet classes and so on.

> Thanks in advance
>
> David

Craig