On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Douglas, Rory wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:28:48 -0400
> From: "Douglas, Rory" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: 'Tomcat Users List' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Custom Tag caching bug in 4.1.6, 4.1.7
>
> Thanks Ralph
>
> I've checked it out with a very simple test tag. I don't encounter problems
> using a 1.2 TLD with tag pooling. I suspect the Struts 1.0.2 tags are 1.1.
> (Am I right in assuming this is what was meant by conformant tags?)

They are supposed to be JSP 1.1 compliant, yes.

> Also, as Remy suggests, disabling tag pooling in 4.1.7 and clearing out the
> work directory cleared up the issue.

The implication of this is that it's a bug in the Struts tag
implementation, that only shows up in environments where you use two form
tags on a server that caches tag instances.  Could you please report a bug
against Struts so that it will get fixed?

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

> cheers
> Rory

Craig