tomcat keeps a lock on all the current jar_cache files; if you write a batch
file that runs once a day that removes them the directory shouldn't clutter
with outdated cache files.

a batchfile with something like:

cd \temp
del /F /Q jar_cache*.tmp

this will generate error messages for files that are in use, but you don't
want to delete those anyway..
Mark