I added this -server option to catalina options. Thank
you for pointing that out. But how to get read of the
compile errors? Have you been able to get 4.1.7 to
work?

regards.

--- "Jackson, Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> when you getting it working another very good option
> to try is -server.
> It can improve performace by up to 50% (depending on
> OS).

-Djava.awt.fonts=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/fonts/'
> "
> When I typed
> http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp I
> got the following error. The same thing happen when
> try the ROOT.
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
>
> class for JSP
>
> An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null
>
> Generated servlet error:
>     [javac] Compiling 1 source file

/usr/local/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost/examples/jsp/dates/date$jsp.java