All,

I have installed Tomcat 4.0.2.  All examples work fine, jsp's and
servlets.

when i removed my old version of Tomcat / apache, i obviously saved all of
my existing apps.  I have now pointed Tomcat to these by specifying new
Contexts in my server.xml.  All is fine... nearly.

My problem is that my classpath is not being picked up.  Reading the docs,
i found that $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes is where i should put my non
application specific, common classes.  I have done this but to no avail,
these classes which should be visible to my apps according to the
documentation are not found and a NoClassDefFound error results.

I have tried putting my "common" classes in the following directories :

$CATALINA_HOME/common/classes
$CATALINA_HOME/classes

They are not picked up.  Needless to say i have restarted the service,
rebooted and hit my computer many times.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Mehdi