From: Turner, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 10:58 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: JNDI and/or pooling help (long post)

Thanks for the reply.  I've changed my server.xml Resource object to match
yours (aside from things like username, etc) and still no luck.

As far as I can tell, the Context lookup is working, but when I execute this
line of code, I get nothing (null):

DataSource ds = null;
ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/MyTestDB");

I'm at a loss as to explain what's going on.  There's nothing in any of the
log files, erverything looks great.  I just can't get a valid DataSource
object, which means I can't get a connection.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be going on?  This is very
frustrating...I can't even tell if it's a problem with my tomcat
configuration, my servlet code, the driver, whatever...there aren't any
error messages, just null.

John Turner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]