From: Serdar BOZDAG [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 7:38 AM
To: tomcatGroup
Subject: sevlets and applets

hi,
i have a question about servlets.

in my applet I use showdocument method to open a servlet in a new browser
window. this servlet reads the contents of a file that user choose. this
servlet needs the send the content of the file to the applet but since
showdocument is used out.println() command in the servlet shows the content
in the browser window.

I may use urlconnection.connect() in applet to call the servlet but this
time the wizard for file choosing will not be displayed. (servlet displays a
form in doGet method and get the contents of the form in doPost method and
at the end of the doPost method result must be given to the applet.)

my question is with showdocument method of applet can i get the result of a
servlet. (i know quite an awkward question but i was not able to write more
simpler)

thanks in advance,
serdar

---