Hi,

I am having a strange problem with a Cobalt Raq 4/Tomcat 3.3.1 installation. Every now
and again
i get problems with network connections being dropped. The Raq is also running another
thrid party
app which listens socket 15001. This third party app connects to an external web
server, and also
has network connections dropped.

I have been trawling around various forums etc, and have found suggestions of
increasing file-max and
inode-max. I have checked the current values of file-nr and inode-nr in /proc/sys/fs,
and the file
handles being used are relatively small, however the inode number being used is quite
large!!

Has anyone else had any problems similar to this? could it be that the server is
running out of
connections?

Si