Hi All,

This is my first question post to this mailing list.
I'm trying to upgrade the application written for tomcat 3.1.x to 3.2.4 or
3.3.1
But I found that there are codes written specifically for v3.1 and they are
deprecated.

The following code segment is from a very first servlet called for the web
site.

import javax.servlet.GenericServlet;
import javax.servlet.ServletConfig;
import javax.servlet.ServletRequest;
import javax.servlet.ServletResponse;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;

import org.apache.tomcat.core.Context;
import org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletContextFacade;

public class InitServlet extends GenericServlet {

private static Hashtable obj_table;
private static String CONFIG_NAME = "xxx.properties";

public InitServlet() {
        super();
}

public void init(ServletConfig conf) throws ServletException {
        super.init(conf);

        obj_table = new Hashtable();

        // Get the context of this servlet
        Context context = ((ServletContextFacade) conf.getServletContext()).
                getRealContext();

        obj_table.put(context.getClass().getName(), context);

        String conf_filename = context.getContextManager().getTomcatHome() +

                File.separator + "conf" + File.separator + CONFIG_NAME;

        if (! new File(conf_filename).exists()) {
                // Configuration file doesn't exist; tell user
                log("Configuration file: " + conf_filename + " does not
exist");
                log("Please make sure file exist for the xxx application");
                System.err.println("Configuration file: " + conf_filename +
" does not exist");
                return;
        }

}

Since the org.apache.tomcat.core.Context and
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletContextFacade have been deprecated,
do you know how should I modify the servlet to make it work in 3.2 or 3.3?

Any suggestion, advice, comment, or pointers are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric Leung