From: STEVE R BURRUS [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 6:24 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: mod_jk.c not compatible with Apache 2.0.39

 Greetings Eric, this is steve burrus, you don't seem to know me at all, but
I was
just wondering if u could possibly send me the link to download the mod_jk
file
which facilitates the integration of Tomcat with the Apache HTTP Server??
Sorry
that I cannot help u with your problem, but I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!       :)
*******

--- eric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Spent the day trying to get Apache 2.0.39 to coexist with Tomcat 4.0.4.
Seems
> as if every article/how to/etc has something different.  Downloaded Ant
1.5
> and I get compile errors when I try to compile connectors-4.0.4 :-((
>
> I've downloaded mod_jk-3.3-ap20.so
>
> My workers.properties file is:
>
> workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4
> workers.java_home=$(JAVA_HOME)
> ps=/
>
> worker.list=ajp13, ajp14
> worker.ajp13.port=8009
> worker.ajp13.host=localhost
> worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
> worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1
>
> worker.ajp14.port=8010
> worker.ajp14.host=localhost
> worker.ajp14.type=ajp14
> worker.ajp14.secretkey=secret
> worker.ajp14.credentials=myveryrandomentropy
> worker.ajp14.lbfactor=1
>
> worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
> worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp13
> worker.inprocess.type=jni
> worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)tomcat.jar
> worker.inprocess.cmd_line=start

worker.inprocess.jvm_lib=$(workers.java_home)$(ps)jre$(ps)bin$(ps)classic$(p
s)libjvm.so

worker.inprocess.stdout=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)logs$(ps)inprocess.stdout

worker.inprocess.stderr=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)logs$(ps)inprocess.stderr

> At the end of httpd.conf I put:
>
> Include /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
>
> JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/conf/jk/workers.properties"
> JkLogFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/logs/mod_jk.log"
>
> JkLogLevel debug
>
> JkMount /examples ajp13
> JkMount /examples/* ajp13
>
> JkMount /jk ajp13
> JkMount /jk/* ajp13
>
> JkMount /cocoon ajp13
> JkMount /cocoon/* ajp13
>
> When I run apachectl configtest I get
>
> httpd:  module "mod_jk.c" is not compatible with this version of Apache.
> Please contact the vendor for the correct version.
>
> Ok, where is the correct version?  I wish there was a search capability on
the
> jakarta.apache.org website.
>
> Eric

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>