Yes, I sent a request to the servlet and it threw an exception because the
methods called by initialization were not executed.
I have *.xml defined as servlet mapping within my web.xml.

I tried defining <load-on-startup> as 5 or using -2147483646.  Neither
number works.

Any thoughts?

BTW, I used the same servlet and web.xml on Tomcat 3.3.1 with iPlanet 4.1.
I didn't have any issues.

Thank you.

Anita

                      Robert Nicholson

                      <robert@elastica         To:      Tomcat Users List

                      .com>                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:

                      07/22/02 03:03           Subject: Re: newbie on Tomcat 3.2.3

                      PM

                      Please respond

                      to "Tomcat Users

                      List"

Have you submitted a request for you servlet before you expect it to
initialize? Do you have a servlet mapping defined in web.xml for it?

Also, is it a loadOnStartup servlet or not?

On 7/23/02 1:36 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Tomcat 3.2.3 with Netscape 3.6 (old versions because company
is
> not upgrading).  I am having problem in getting my servlet to initialize.
> Have the following directory structure:
> webapps/mobile/test/WEB-INF/lib/myservlet.jar
> webapps/mobile/test/WEB-INF/web.xml
>
> I added the following in the <ContextManager> of conf/server.xml, and
> modify nothing else within the file:
> <Context path=""
>     docBase="webapps/mobile/test"
>     debug="0"
>     reloadable="true">
> </Context>
>
> I checked logs/servlet.log, there's no indication the servlet is
> initialized.  Also, the log file generated by myservlet when init() is
> called is no there.
>
> Please tell me what is missing.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Anita