Hello,

Is it possible to write a 'validation' servlet, that does some basic checks,
which if fail, cause the whole web application to be unavailable?

This servlet would be flagged as <load-on-startup> such that it was the
first one to execute.

I'm trying to achive something similar to JBoss 2.x where if the verifier
fails for an EAR, it does not deploy it at all. I want the similar concept
but for my Web Application, such that critical initialization errors make
the the whole application unavailable.

I can't find anythingin in the Java Servlet Spec to indicate that this is
possible, or anything in the tomcat documenation.

Thoughts?

Thanks

PaulE