On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 04:12:06PM -0700, Stadter, Jim wrote:
>   Thanks Steven - yes, you read the problem correctly re: secured
> pages that are redirected to a login form and then sent back to the
> original request.  I need to reread your suggestion closely to
> make sure I'm following everything, but I think you've provided
> a possible solution.  It sounds like I need to make sure I can
> establish the servlet filter prior to having the container intercept
> the request that originated from index.html.

     Servlet filters are kind of like servlets themselves - you
shouldn't have to "establish" them, they're just a class you put in
the web app, and a configuration setting in the web.xml.  They're
briefly described at:

     http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-06-2001/jw-0622-filters.html

Steven J. Owens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]