Hi,
Have you considered putting this variable in the web.xml?  You (should)
always have control over your web.xml file, whereas your service
provider may not let you mess around with their server.xml file.  You
can put it in a context-param or an init-param to a startup servlet...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Tomcat.
>In essence, we are trying to define the environment variable, i.e.:
DEV,