From: "Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 1:19 PM
Subject: RE: opening JAR file from within Tomcat App

Hi,
It's somewhat unusual to read a JAR file (containing only compiled
.class files?) at runtime.  Are you doing some sort of fancy reflection
work?

Anyways, to your question.  Do you need the file to be on the classpath,
i.e. its classes visible to the classloader?  Or do you only need to
open it up yourself?

If you only need to look inside it yourself, put in under
/MyApp/myjar.jar.  Then you get do stuff like
ServletContext.getResource("/myjar.jar") or
ServletContext.getRealPath("/myjar.jar").

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: