I am trying to implement single authentication (form based) for multiple web
applications within a single virtual host.  I have read the documentation
for single-sign on and have made that work.  However, it appears that the
logon page(s) need to be in all web applications.  Authentication is granted
for all web applications based on the one someone tried to log onto first.

What I would like to do is basically have an "authentication web
application".  If someone tried to log into any other web application they
would be redirected to the "authentication web application" to be logged on.
I cannot figure out how to do something like this with Tomcat.  I could
basically accomplish this by having one big web application, but in our
environment it would be cleaner if we could have separate web applications
all protected by a single entry point.

If anyone can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Douglas Srofe
WDS Corp.