Hello Michael,

I am doing exactly what you said.
I have placed my .zip files which I rename as .jar files and placed them in
c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\common\lib.

I had all my tomcat environment variables properly set and tomcat runs
fine...
but When I run the java file on c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\webapps\soap
WEB_INF\classes folder it couldn't find the suitable driver to run my java
file.

So now do you think the drivers are not 100% java and rely on native method
calls to some dll?
What typr of dll should I look for?
Thanks,

Nishant Awasthi
Corporate Systems Development
Progressive Insurance

                    "Michael Remijan"

                    <Michael.Remijan@so        To:     "Tomcat Users List"

                    locup.com>                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:     (bcc: Nishant Awasthi)

                    07/31/2002 10:51 AM        Subject:     RE: Connection between
TOMCAT and
                    Please respond to          DB2 ???

                    "Tomcat Users List"

No,

It should be as simple as dropping the xxx.jar file (if it's xxx.zip rename
it to xxx.jar!) into the %TOMCAT_HOME%/common/lib directory.

I would do/verify the following

1) put tomcat in a directory structure where the names of the directories
don't contain spaces
2) make sure TOMCAT_HOME is set
3) make sure CATALINA_HOME=%TOMCAT_HOME%
4) copy xxx.jar to %TOMCAT_HOME%/common/lib
5) open a new DOS window to get the new values of the environment variables
6) change directory to %TOMCAT_HOME%/bin
7) issue c:\..>catalina.bat run
8) if it's still not working it's probably becuase the drivers are not 100%
java and rely on native method calls to some dll.