I have 3rd party classes that call printStackTrace and
the standard output goes to the Tomcat console
standard error. I need to capture these errors into a
log.

I have tried to add following to server.xml to
redirect the standard error with no luck:

<Logger
classsName="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemErrLogger"
              prefix="smms_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

This is inside my context under the "Tomcat/Standalone
service"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff