I don't get it.  The comments is the file say that 8109 is the default.
What I want to use is AJP.  This is in my server.xml:

   <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
     <Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
      enableLookups="true"
      acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
     <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
      name="Apache" debug="0" appBase="webapps">
               prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
               timestamp="true"/>
     </Engine>
   </Service>

Does this mean that I don't have tomcat configured to use AJP.  What you
pointing out is in the stand alone code.  Do I even need that?  What do
I do to make apache call tomcat when it is asked to serve a JSP file?

--
Don't give in to hate- that leads to the dark side. -Obi-Wan, Jedi Knight