Hi !

I'm new to J2EE, and therefore I am trying each and every example
of the programming book I've bought.

Now I am learning session handling w/ the servlet API, and would
like to use the URL-encoding style for keeping sessions, when the
browser's configuration does not allow to use cookies.

My (simple) example servlet is using the following instruction:
      String lifeCycleURL = response.encodeURL("/jtests/servlet/lifeCycle");
      out.println("<A href=\"" + lifeCycleURL + "?action=newSession\">");

This should modify my URL, adding ";jsessionid=xxx" where xxx is
the session ID. I can not get this to work, Tomcat will only
handle sessions using cookies...

Maybe I'm missing something?

I use :
Tomcat 4.0.4