Hi,
That's a misleading answer.  Using the FileInputStream approach, unless
you specify an absolute path your results will depend on what the
current directory ($CWD) is when you start the server.  Not everyone
starts it from TOMCAT_HOME/bin.

The first answer posted, using getResource() or getResourceAsStream() is
better because it does not have the above dependency and will work out
of a WAR.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics