From: Pooleery, Manoj [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 3:33 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: SSL Connection Tomcat and Apache

In the httpd.conf file of apache, you can implement the virtual host
directive for SSL.  The port used is 443.  You have to have an entry like
this -

##
## SSL Virtual Host Context
##

<VirtualHost <server_name>:443>

        #  General setup for the virtual host
        DocumentRoot "C:/Apache/htdocs"
        ServerName <server_name>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        ErrorLog logs/ssl/error.log
        TransferLog logs/ssl/access.log

        SSLCertificateFile "<certificate_location>/<certificate_name>"
        SSLCertificateKeyFile "<certificate_key_location>/<certificate_key>"
</VirtualHost>

you have to generate a CSR file(instructions for creating a CSR can be found
at http://www.verisign.com/support/csr/apache/v01.html).  Once you create a
CSR, you can send it to any of the certificate issuing authorities(verisign,
thawte etc) and once you get a certificate, you make the above changes in
the httpd.conf.

Thanks
Manoj.