Thanks for the information Mr. Turner

Gabe Sanchez

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 11:39 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Creating a Certificate Signing Request

No, it has nothing to do with the OS.  It's web server dependent (as the
Verisign documents explain), not OS dependent.  In Mr. Sanchez's scenario,
his web server is tomcat, not any of the web servers that Verisign has
listed at that URL, which is exactly his question:

If tomcat is the web server, how do you generate a CSR for a CA like
Verisign?

You can generate a CSR using the keytool command:
http://www.rackshack.net/support/quickssl/csr/jakarta-tomcat.html

John Turner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]