Hello Juri,

Well, don't use File io in a servlet application unless you are
reading/writing to a place guaranteed to be read/writable such as each
context's temp dir made available by any server implementing the
Servlet 2.3 spec.

To read a config file in a servlet portable way, do the following:

InputStream is =
    getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/testApp.properties");

That will read the testApp.properties file in the current context's
WEB-INF directory whether the context is being served out of a
directory on the filesystem or out of a .war archive.

You can also try this, if your testApp.properties is in the path of
one of the available classloaders:

InputStream stream =
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("myApp.pr
operties");

Or use the following if your properties file is in the same relative
location as the class that is loading it.

InputStream propsStream = this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("testApp.properties");

or like this if you put the testApp.properties in the root of the
current classloader (meaning "WEB-INF/classes"):

InputStream propsStream =
this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("/testApp.properties");

There you go.  Lots of possibilities.

Jake

--
Best regards,
 Jacob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]