The token is the validation.  It's a way of passing around that the user has
been validated.  Consider it to be a relay race, there's a baton that you're
passing around.  If you have the baton than you're a valid runner in the
race.
A security "token" is like the baton, if your user can present the token,
and it's valid then they're ok to deal with.

This of course has some issues, but it's one way of doing it.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]