From: Rodrigo Ruiz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 16:59
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Client Certificates on Tomcat 3.3.1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tathagat (London)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 3:22 PM

> okay, I have faced so many problems on this.. and finally could do it!
> Please answer the following questions.
>
> First question: The certificates that you are using on your machine (as
> client), where do you get them from?

I create them with KeyMan from IBM. I have tried to create a X509 Chain,
signed with my server key,
and also a .PFX file with the same characteristics. None seemed to work.
In fact, when I import the certificates into Explorer, it places them into
the Medium CA Providers Tab, and not in the "Personal" repository. Is it ok?

> Second: When you connect the server (https://localhost:8443) or whatever),
> does your certificate pops up?

The browser only pops up the server certificate, not the client one.
It looks like it does not send my client certificate at all.