Subject: Can't get UserTransaction to work in Tomcat 4.0.4 on Mac OS X
From: Matt Raible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
I am trying to use the "UserTransaction" in a java class to manage a
transaction manually.

I've installed Tomcat 4.0.4 on Windows XP and Red Hat 7.2/7.3 and my code
works fine.

However, on Mac OS X, I got the following error:

TyrexTransactionFactory:  Cannot create Transaction, Exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/omg/CosTransactions/Inactive
        at
tyrex.server.TransactionServer.createTransactionDomain(TransactionServer.jav
a:200)
        at
tyrex.server.TransactionServer.getTransactionDomain(TransactionServer.java:1
83)
        at tyrex.tm.Tyrex.<clinit>(Tyrex.java:77)
        at
org.apache.naming.factory.TyrexTransactionFactory.getObjectInstance(TyrexTra
nsactionFactory.java:120)

-----
So I found a download of the ots-jts_1.0.jar that should've supposedly help.

Downloaded from:
http://tyrex.exolab.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/tyrex/lib/ots-jts_1.0.jar?cvsroot
=tyrex

It will help indicated from:
http://www.apachelabs.org/tomcat-dev/200203.mbox/%3C320B11D7288DF64B8FAFE83E
[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E
------

But now I get the following error - any ideas?

javax.transaction.HeuristicRollbackException: [Missing message
tyrex.tx.rolledback]
        at tyrex.tm.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:724)
        at tyrex.tm.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:648)
        at
tyrex.tm.TransactionManagerImpl.commit(TransactionManagerImpl.java:222)
        at tyrex.tm.UserTransactionImpl.commit(UserTransactionImpl.java:105)
        at
com.onpoint.webapp.action.TestSaveAction.add(TestSaveAction.java:336)

1.  Why the difference on OS X?
2.  How do I fix this?
3.  Will TC 4.1.x ever be released, or is it better to wait for 5.x.

Thanks,

Matt