Hi,

I trying to configure Tomcat 4.0.4 on a Win2k Workstation.
CATALINA_HOME is E:\intranet\programmes\tomcat
I moved E:\intranet\programmes\tomcat\webapps in C:\intranet\sites.
I modified E:\intranet\programmes\tomcat\conf\server.xml and declare a
Host with appBase="C:\intranet\sites"
When i start Tomcat, all works !!!
I've got the Tomcat HomePage, and Samples works as well as the usual.

Now, i need to share my appBase with other developper, but i want that
each developper run Tomcat server on his own station.
I've got a file server running Samba on my network.
So i move all folders in C:\intranet\sites in the network share and
mount that Network share as a network drive N:
Now, my appBase is N:\intranet\sites (\\MYSERVER\MyShare\intranet\sites).

I modified in E:\intranet\programmes\tomcat\conf\server.xml all the
values C:\intranet\sites to N:\intranet\sites.

So i restart Tomcat, and now, i've got the following error :

StandardContext[/manager]: Error initializing resources: Document base
N:\intranet\sites\manager does not exist or is not a readable directory
StandardContext[/manager]: Context startup failed due to previous errors
StandardContext[/manager]: Exception during cleanup after start failed
LifecycleException:  Container StandardContext[/manager] has not been
started
StandardContext[]: Error initializing resources: Document base
N:\intranet\sites\ROOT does not exist or is not a readable directory

Tomcat start, but no context can be access, and all theses direcory
exists on N:\intranet\sites !

What is wrong ?
Could it be a lock problem ?
Is it possible to declare session on a network share that use SMB ?

Thanks

Marc-Henri